Thursday, November 2, 2017

Write Right


I decided to dive into NaBloPoMo - National Blog Posting Month - for the simple fact I can.

I mean, why not? 

It's not for lack of writing. I have about 450 entries on my personal blog (Rupe's Value Added Services ... Redux), another 1,000+ postings on my personal photography site F (STOP), I've contributed just shy of 2,000 television, film, book and music reviews on several online sites (Hotchka, CliqueClack), offered even more reviews to magazines and other online entities, filled in for various bloggers on their sites and written introductions for books and music and other media.

It goes without saying: Far be it for me to be at a loss for words. I obviously enjoy blathering to the masses. (Bonus: Sometimes, people even read and comment on my stuff. *snort*)

So ... why NaBloPoMo? Well, you might notice in the "Becoming Dust" section of this particular blog that my posting count appears to be sorely lacking. Prior to this writing, I had only 9 meager postings for the year. Only 26 the year before that, down from 62 the year prior. You could say I've been in dire need of a little kick start, so to speak. 

Now? Here I am, Day 2 of a spiffy little 30 day challenge for the month of November. Totally doable, attainable. And not so obtrusive as National Novel Writing Month (known as NaNoWriMo) wherein the goal is to cough up a 50,000-word novel, which works out to almost 1,700 words per day. I don't know about you, but I have a job, lots of simple and not so simple common chores that need tending (many of which I'm "reminded" of), a dog, an ever-growing list of various daily and weekly duties, not to mention various stints of monkey business I often find myself embroiled within.

Which has me wondering: Do you have time to plunk down a 50,000-word novel as the holiday season kicks into gear? Yeah, that's what I thought. 


That being said, here goes: 30 blog posts for the month of November. I have Kat Christensen to thank for poking and prodding me forward on this little project. Visit her at AsKatKnits and see what she has to say, please.

Onward!



.......... Ruprecht ( not STOPping until day 30 )




1 comment:

  1. I love that this has inspired you to get back to blogging! Because, you know, inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete