Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Adolescent Beatdown




Me: "Want a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch? I'm craving one for some reason ..."

Other: "Sure."

Me: "On white, right?" I already knew the answer but asked anyway.

Other:  "Eeeeewww! No! Gross!"

Me: "It's better on white."

Other: "No, it's not. On sourdough, please."

Me: "You know ... it's a proven fact grilled cheese on white bread brings out all the flavor. And it's what I grew up with as a kid."

Other: "Well, it's time to grow up."

Me: "What? I can't relive  a fond childhood memory?"

Other: "Not if it's resurrected on white bread you can't."

Me: "Unbelievable. You're actually denying me a cherished adolescent comfort moment. I can't believe you'd do that ..."

Other:  "Believe it."

Me: "I'm flabbergasted. This is a side of you I've never experienced before. It verges on being mean ..."

Other: "Deal with it."

Me: "Wow. Just ... wow ..."


.......... Ruprecht ( STOP )

No comments:

Post a Comment