Sunday, November 4, 2018

Get Up, Get Going




As I've gotten older I've found - and especially in the last year - my "buddy" Insomnia runs a continuous free-for-all event somewhere inside my body with exactly zero sign of surcease any time in the immediate future. 

For the most part, I don't have a problem with this. I've rarely required much sleep (I subsist on 5-6 hours regularly) and it behooves my schedule for the most part. I'm continuously doing something and, currently, I'm busier than ever. Trips, writing, drawing, various household projects, etc. My hours awake are rarely wasted. And in truth it's rather difficult to accomplish any of my activities while slumbering.

But, Insomnia is a sly, sometimes devious devil. 

With the time change this morning, it was comforting knowing after a pretty full day of outdoor chores I would be relishing in that extra hour of sleep. I beat myself up physically Saturday and I knew my body needed a little recovery time. 

Fat chance I'd be getting it though. I was up just after 3:00 a.m. this morning. And that was prior to changing the clocks. 

I mean ... I don't have a problem getting up early. But I did take a few minutes to consider whether or not I really needed to get the coffee maker running at that hour knowing there was a full day yet ahead ...


.......... Ruprecht ( STOP )

No comments:

Post a Comment