Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wordsmithery, Part II



I blogged about my daughter's writings here previously.

So, how 'bout a sequel? Sounds good to me.


I stated then I wished I could write as well as she could. And I stand by that statement.

For your consideration and
without further ado once more:

    - I was worried because I left my school agenda at home.

    - After I said farewell to my friends, I endured the long trip home.

    - We raised a large crop of cornfield which is next to the pond.

    - Come and see the wide and beautiful canyon.

    - I escaped from the huge smoke of fire but the firemen had to save my mom's life.

    - The dark mysterious giant got hurt in the morning.

    - When Joe was doing his chores, he found a crack on the wall.

    - It's an hour away before school ends.

    - At school they had a lesson about Thanksgiving.

    - At art class, we painted clay and used a needle to sew scraps together.

    - My mom said "Don't write on the kitchen table."

    - My ancestors were delighted when I made them a pie.

    - After I ate a crispy cookie, I went to play my harmonica.

    - I can't lie to my mother because she is my elder.


Of this batch, I have a few favorites I can't choose between:


    - The tornado was about to hit a third grader, but everyone scurried all about.


    - The heroic officer was talking with his mouth full.

    - Have you heard or ever seen the impossible solar system?

............................ Ruprecht ( STOP )


5 comments:

  1. heroic officers with full mouths...hmmm..even superman's gotta eat sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's obvious where you get your wordsmithery! YOu're copying off your daughter's homework. Shame. shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know more about her harmonica playing because she has future writer all ready wrapped up in a big red bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. That girl has talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has had a fine exaqmple set before her, and was obviously listening closely!

    xo

    ReplyDelete