Thursday, January 25, 2024

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road



Now ... I can't state we have the largest, most extensive, keenest and most envious collection of The Wizard Of Oz collectible in the continental United States ...

However, I can state we have a few items in the collection which are pretty cool.

But this isn't about how cool this household's Oz acquisitions may or may not be.

It IS about the loss of one piece of memorabilia in particular, however.

The beloved Tin Man doll.

I'm currently in the midst of cleaning and rearranging our media room.  Leaning against the base of a Wicked Witch Of The West nutcracker was said Tin Man doll.  When I reached to remove him I discovered he was "stuck" to the Witch's base.  I didn't remember it being part of the Witch figure so I lifted both gingerly.  And, to my surprise, I was greeted with a tacky stickiness from The Tin Man as I attempt to pull him away from The Witch.  

The material he was made of had somehow denigrated to the point it was virtually melting.  He had "glued" himself to The Witch and wasn't easily being removed, as if he'd lovingly become "attached" to her, contrary to his fear and loathing of her in the film.

It was quite evident Tin Man was toast as I stripped him away and left residue of him attached to her base.  He had obviously met his end and it was time for him to exit stage left.

Goodbye, 
Tin Man ...  

 


.......... Ruprecht  (Heart? STOPped )




 

No comments:

Post a Comment