Sunday, July 6, 2014

Scoring


Here's a fundamental truth:

"You've got to give a little to get a little."

It doesn't matter who you are. It doesn't matter your background. It doesn't matter where you live. It doesn't matter your station in life. Black or white, short or tall, male or female ... it works across the board.


"I earned my vacuuming badge today."

"Why do men always want points or badges for housework? My husband always wants some kind of bonus points!"

"Same reason women want acknowledgement from men when they talk to us about things they already know the answer to ..."

"Seriously? If I asked for points for everything I did I would always be asking for points. I ripped the entire living room apart, edged everything and kicked the living crap out of it. And I cleaned the vacuum out before I did it because that rarely seems to get done. If there was a Boy Scout badge for that chore I would have earned it today."
"The fact of the matter is: Everyone wants acknowledgment in some way, shape or form. Question why someone wants it and you doom the person from doing it again for you. Accept it, acknowledge it with a little pat on the back (verbally or in badge form) and be on your way. Look at it this way: You win, no matter what."

.......... Ruprecht ( won't STOP earning points, either )
Acknowledgments to Mr. Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment