Tuesday, November 3, 2009

..... add 12 ..... carry the 3 .....


A true conversation:

We pulled up to school early this morning. I stopped and glanced toward the back to see if Reed was still doing whatever homework she was doing when we first got in the car back home.

“Are you done?”

“No. I still have to add up the minutes for my reading log … then I’m done.”

“I can do that. Just tell me what they are.”

“Okay. Ready? Here goes. 30 … 30 … 43 … Do you have it?”

“Yes. Keep going …”

“… 39 … 44 … 28 … 53 …”

“Hold on … wait … okay …”

“… 43 … 53 …”

“Wait! Hold on a minute. Seriously? How many are there?”

“There’s the rest of the month, every day I did reading.”

“For October? Thirty-one days .. ?!? I’m going to need a calculator!”

“Nevermind. I can do it later.”

“I can do it. Leave it here, I’ll do it up real quick and leave it for you while you’re in rehearsal. ‘Kay?”

“Okay. See you later! Thank, Dad!”

I pulled out my cellphone and notched it over to the calculator function.

Ruprecht: Not the human calculator he thought he was.

*sigh*

....................... Ruprecht ( STOP )

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you were flooded with numbers. I bet you could have done it if you knew there would be 31 numbers up front....

    ReplyDelete