Sunday, July 9, 2023

Decapitation By Guacamole

 

 

 

I pulled the frozen guacamole out of the freezer to lop off a chunk to go with the omelet I was making.

I have a small cleaver and a cutting board. I place the guac on the board and I stick an end of the cleaver into it to begin working a piece of the rock hard stuff free.  I'm successful from the get to and continue to do so until I get several pieces released from their confines, enough that I'm satisfied I have enough for my recipe.

From behind me I hear Missy state: "You know ... you should use something else before you decapitate yourself."

Now ... I've done plenty of kitchen prep work over the course of my life.  I mean ... I like to cook, so there have been countless times I've had the opportunity to chop and slice and pare and skin and drain and peel and separate and grind and more.  

But never, ever, ever (and, yes ... I used the word "never" there, something I rarely, rarely use) positioned my neck between a knife and what I'm cutting when I've prepped food previously ...  using your neck as a cutting board, for Pete's sake.

 

 .......... Ruprecht ( STOP using your neck as a cutting board, dammit)

 

4 comments:

  1. Frozen? Guacamole? That's a thing? I didn't know that you could freeze avocado. How behind the times am I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeff: I have a tendency to make too much guac, especially at parties. Instead of eating it all before it goes bad, I discovered it can be frozen and used later without giving up any flavor and without forming the moldy-looking schmutz as it ages day to day.

      Simple load it into baggies, make certain all the air is out of it, seal and freeze. Keep the baggies thin and you can easily break it up and use it without have to defrost it; simply leave it at room temperature for 15 minutes or so ...

      Delete
  2. By the way... It's me. Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete