Monday, January 23, 2023

Covidlessness

Since the initial break of cases beginning in December of 2019 and continuing on for 3 years right on into January of 2023, I haven't contracted a lick of Covid-19.

I personally know and have been around friends and family and associates and passers by and more, more, more, more, more who have contracted the illness, so the likelihood of having, too, "caught the bug" seems pretty high.  Still, it's not like I work in a medical industry that caters to the general public like a hospital or in industries necessarily conducive or more apt to the prevalence of transmission.  It's just that when you look at that stretch of time it appears an unusually long period without having contracted anything.

From the initial outbreak, then into the isolations and the obligatory staying away from work, into the mask wearing when the needs necessitated venturing out to grocery shop, etc., right on into the thick of the pandemic when just about everything social was shut down, with a year going by where hospitalizations blossomed and serious illnesses leading oft times to Covid deaths and more, with news reports saturated in the whys and wherefores of the illness culminating in industry shutdowns and supply chain stoppages and into the series of inoculations ... well, you really have to wonder (or at least I did): With all this going on around us, am I in fact immune to Covid-19?  Because that exact thought really did cross my mind several times.

How come virtually everyone I know and commune with, near, far or virtual, has been plagued with some form of coronavirus - be it a mild case or otherwise - and I've gotten off Scot-free to this point?  Luck of the draw?  Am I breathing upwind of anyone who may have symptoms and I've simply been that fortunate? 

 


 Or ... is there the possibility I'm actually immune, unlikely as that may be?

Let's face it:  Entering three+ years of Covidlessness is a tidy little feather in one's cap if I do say so myself.  A seeming damned fine achievement in the grand scheme of things, so to speak.

But it truly is a small world.  A very small world, indeed.  7.8+ billion (BILLION!) people in the world and I have yet to catch a whiff of coronavirus.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


That is ... until this past weekend ...

 


.......... Ruprecht ( STOP )

 

No comments:

Post a Comment